Yew Tree Cider Challenge! Competition to be held June 26th (draught) & 27th (bottle roundtable)
A peer judged Cider and Perry competition with complete transparency of voting
For 2021, the Overall Champion Cidermaker & Perrymaker will have the opportunity to have their product stocked & served in the Yew Tree for the duration of the summer, whilst any bottles deemed ‘Outstanding’ in the bottle roundtable will be stocked in the Cider Shop.
Taking place over a weekend, with the judging on Saturday, the Yew Tree Cider Challenge is a cider competition inspired by the Big Apple Cider Trials, with peer-judging and complete transparency.
All ciders and perries should be pure juice, with no artificial sweeteners. There are no restrictions on who can enter.
This event is FREE ENTRY to the public. All competition cider and perry will be on sale for you to taste.
We have combined this with a pub cider festival where the entries are on sale and profits from the sale of your cider or perry will go to our charity of the year which for 2021 is HOPE Support Services.
In 2018 we raised an incredible £900 for HOPE. We hope to break the thousand this year!
- A Cider Loving Weekend – Draught cider competition on Saturday (Dry/Med/Sweet classes for Cider & Perry), with roundtable bottle sharing on the Sunday
- The Yew Tree Inn, Peterstow, Ross-on-Wye, HR9 6JZ
- Saturday 26th June to Sunday 27th June 2021
- Nope! FREE ENTRY!
- For the love of CIDER!
For entrants – click on these links to download the rules, information and entry form.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In 2021 we are once again hosting a special ‘Bottled Cider & Perry Round Table’
- 12 noon, Sunday 27th June.
- A constructive round table to encourage production of the highest quality cider and perry possible and to stimulate public interest in cider and perry as high value products.
- All participants to sit around one or more tables, to discuss each entry in turn, and to describe, criticise, assess and praise ciders and perries in a collaborative manner, based upon both taste and aroma as well as comparison with submitted ‘tasting notes’ to discuss whether the bottled product achieves the aims of the producer
- If interested, please bring two bottles of your best cider, with optional tasting notes.
- Bottles deemed ‘outstanding’ will receive a certificate and be offered the opportunity to be stocked in the Yew Tree Cider Shop for the duration of the summer.