Yew Tree Cider Trials & Festival Competition to be held July 13th 2019. Entry forms at the bottom
Taking place over a weekend, with the judging on Saturday, the Yew Tree Cider Challenge is a cider competition inspired by the Big Apple Cider Trials, with peer-judging and complete transparency.
All ciders and perries should be pure juice, with no artificial sweeteners.
This event is FREE ENTRY to the public. All competition cider and perry will be on sale for you to taste.
We have combined this with a pub cider festival where the entries are on sale and profits from the sale of your cider or perry will go to our charity of the year which for 2018 is HOPE Support Services.
Last year we raised an incredible £900 for HOPE. We hope to break the thousand this year!
- A Cider Loving Weekend – Live Music, Cider Competition, Lovely Food
- The Yew Tree Inn, Peterstow, Ross-on-Wye, HR9 6JZ
- Saturday 13th July to Sunday 14th July 2019
- Nope! FREE ENTRY!
- For the love of CIDER!
This year we are introducing a special ‘Bottled Cider & Perry Round Table’
- 12 noon, Sunday 14th July 2019.
- A constructive round table to encourage production of the highest quality cider and perry possible and to stimulate public interest in cider and perry as high value products.
- All participants to sit around one or more tables, to discuss each entry in turn, and to describe, criticise, assess and praise ciders and perries in a collaborative manner, based upon both taste and aroma as well as comparison with submitted ‘tasting notes’ to discuss whether the bottled product achieves the aims of the producer
- If interested, please bring two bottles of your best cider, complete with tasting notes.
- For the charity bottle auction, please bring one 75cl (or two 50cl) labelled bottles.
- A public auction for ‘envelopes’ – individuals may bid/purchase envelopes at £10 or £15 for two, which will be traded in for bottles post-judging. Envelopes will be ‘blind bid’ and therefore anonymous. All revenue would be donated to HOPE
- At 3pm, the monthly Yew Tree ‘Open Mic’ begins, so the pub will be busy!